We’re looking for a Principal Backend Engineer to help us build Bucket.
If working with an experienced, small team on a brand new product, that scratches your own itch, sounds interesting - this might be for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Work on a brand new product. We’re building Bucket from the ground up, so you’ll help set the technical direction for the entire product.
- Use modern technologies. We work with modern web technologies, like ClickHouse, Postgres, Kafka. The web application is written in TypeScript, Node.js and React.
- Use modern tooling. We use tools like Prisma, Datadog, Notion, etc. We don’t suffer from “Not invented here”-syndrome and generally like to outsource stuff to existing, modern tools, when possible.
- Enjoy plenty of ownership and autonomy.
- Work with and learn from passionate, smart and nice co-workers. As a founding team member, you’ll be massively impacting the product and company culture.
What we offer
- Competitive salary.
- Equity in Bucket.
- 40-hour work week. 40 hours is plenty to do great work.
- Distributed culture. We work with the best tools we can find to work in a distributed fashion. We also make sure to see each other regularly IRL.
- 5 weeks of PTO. Taking time off is good for you and us.
- Parental leave. We offer paid parental leave.
- Hardware. We’re providing you with a new top-end Macbook Pro
- Co-working space. We’ll cover the cost of your co-working space
What we need from you
- You get excited by shipping great features to customers.
- Pragmatic, self-driven, and enjoys ownership.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with SQL and any strongly typed programming language.
- Experience with strongly typed programming language, like TypeScript, Java, Rust, Kotlin, etc.
- You’re in timezone GMT+3 to GMT-5.
- Plus if you have experience with REST API design.
- Plus if you have experience with the analytics use case.
- Plus if you have experience with DevOps.
Get in touch
Email Ron Cohen (co-founder and CTO) at email@example.com